I absolutely love Get Together. It’s probably my most heavily used EP next to City Living. The reason? Clubs.
Clubs have got to be the most useful gameplay feature ever in the entire Sims franchise. I know that initially, they don’t look like much. You look at it and you’re like, “Okay, just create a leader, add some sims to the club and make a hang out. Click ‘Start Club Gathering’ button. BFD.”
But once you play around with clubs, you’ll find that there’s so much you can do with them, like:
- Set up play dates for the neighborhood kids
- Create social cliques for sims that belong to a subculture, like jocks, nerds, goths, hippies, preppies, etc. Have them either be cool with each other or become bitter rivals, like jocks vs nerds.
- Have coworkers wind down after a hard day of work.
- Use club members as extra help with your household chores. (Yup. You can actually be sneaky that way.)
- Create a tightknit circle of friends who always hang out at each other’s homes for specific activities (gaming, watching TV, etc.) or go out to the clubs and venues.
The possibilities are endless!
One of the very first things I did was create a club called Art 101. Why did I create this club? It wasn’t just to have a bunch of sims level up in their painting skills. Going back to Sims 1, I had a group of art school students who had a professor named Herkimer.
When I recreated everyone in TS4, I wanted a way to play out their backstory, so created an art class at a rec center, with Professor Herkimer as the club leader and my art school sims as members. Not only do I have a bunch of easels set up at the hangout, when the sims are done, I drag their paintings onto the wall for them to study and critique, just like art schools do in real life.
Below are pictures of Art 101. Cool, huh?
Here are some other clubs I created:
- Bros Before Hos–bros who hang out at the gym and play B ball.
- The Ladybugs–married women who unwind after hours and go bar hopping
- Freaks–clubs for alternative lifestyle sims (goths, punks, club kids, etc.)
Some other clubs I plan to create:
- Married couples
- Urban sims
- Medical career sims
As you can see, there are so many things you can do with clubs in Get Together, so if you just got this EP and have no idea what to do with them, hopefully, this post will have given you a few ideas.